Bodegas Covitoro was born in 1974 as the result of the initiative and eagerness of a group of vine growers in the area.
Began its activity with the harvest of 1978 and was one of the forerunner of the Denomination of Origin Toro to its constitution in 1987.
Bodegas Covitoro is proud to own an important amount of the oldest vineyards in the Denomination of Origin Toro which brings to their wines a clear difference in quality and profusion of shades.
Bodegas Covitoro has large facilities equipped with the latest technology. It has a processing capacity close to 4.5 million kilos of grapes per year, a maximum storage volume around 6 million liters and 1400 American and French oak cask.
Bodegas Covitoro has been certified in the quality standards IFS (International Food Standard) and BRC (British Retail Consortium), both obtained with the highest rating.
Bodegas Covitoro elaborates wine exclusively from its more than 900 hectares of vineyards, all located within the Denomination of Origin Toro, in which the native variety “Tinta de Toro” is the main character.
The vineyards are located in the village areas of Toro, Villabuena del Puente, El Pego, Villavendimio, Tagarabuena, San Roman, Peleagonzalo and Villafranca. The average annual production is 3.5 million kg of grapes.