Lucatoni Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva




Estate: Alto Roble
Sub-region: Curico Valley
Soil: Loam/clay, rocky
Alcohol: 14 %
Total acidity: 5,0 g/L expressed as Tartaric acid
Residual sugar: 3,1 g/L


Age of vines: 15 years
Vine management system: Trellis
Density: 3,330 plants/hectare (1,350 plants/acre)
Yield: 14 tons/hectare (5.7 metric tons/acre)
Harvest method: Hand picking, with double selection in vineyard, in the second half of April.


Warm temperate climate with a Mediterranean rainfall regime and a wide range between daytime and nighttime temperatures, resulting from the proximity of the Pacific Ocean (80 kilometers, or 50 miles) and the Andes mountains (50 kilometers, or 37 miles). Alto Roble receives coastal breezes during the afternoon that help keep summer temperatures moderate. Annual precipitation averages about 600 millimeters, or 23.6 inches, concentrated in the winter months.


This Cabernet Sauvignon is made starting with grapes from parcels in the Alto Roble estate’s Los Riscos sector , characterized by deep, rocky loam-clay soil.


Maceration: 18-20 days with cold pre-fermentative maceration for four days at under 10 degrees Celsius (50 Fahrenheit).
Extraction: Traditional pumping-over and punching.
Fermentation: Starts with active dry yeast (Bayanus); temperature 25 to 28 degrees Celsius (77 to 82 Fahrenheit).
Aging: 85% of the wine was aged on its lees for six months in contact with French oak and micro-oxygenation; the remaining 15% was aged for eight months in French and American oak barrels.

Tasting Notes

Appearance: Intense ruby red color.Nose: Intense nose of ripe strawberry, anis, licorice and caramel.
In mouth: Fresh and round on the palate with firm tannins that combine well with the toasty finish.
Pairing recommendation: Roasted short ribs with aromatic spices.



  1. […] Lucatoni Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva (100% Cabernet Sauvignon) […]

Leave a CommentLeave a Reply to Bodegas Puerto Viejo